Mark S. Bonham Scholarship
The Mark S. Bonham Scholarship is currently on hiatus. This page will be updated when new information becomes available.
Inaugurated in 2002, the Mark S. Bonham Scholarship is a $5,000 cash bursary that is awarded annually to a Canadian student who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans and who is enrolled in a film or video program at a post-secondary institution.
Single scholarship valued at $5,000
- Individual who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgendered or intersex (LGBTTI)
- Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Pursuing undergraduate studies full-time in the fields of film and/or video that:
- Relate to the cultural expression of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender/transsexual and/or intersex individuals; and/or
- Educate the mainstream community about LGBTTI lives and/or issues.
- Awarding of the scholarship will be conditional upon confirmed acceptance of admission to a post-secondary institution.
- Relevant institution must offer programs that are a minimum of 16 weeks of study and lead to a degree, diploma or certificate.
- Graduated from high school with a minimum of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Academic excellence with a minimum 70 per cent average in final year of high school or most recent post-secondary year of study.
- Involvement in the LGBTTI community and/or demonstrated creative expression related to LGBTTI identity.
- Applicant's financial situation may be considered by Selection Committee.